Prev: Scale? That belongs on fish Next: Re: Full Steam

Re: Full Steam

From: "Mark A. Siefert." <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 11:02:11 -0600
Subject: Re: Full Steam

Mikko Kurki-Suonio wrote:

> On Fri, 8 May 1998, Ground Zero Games wrote:
>
> > That is why I'm talking about a little low-budget A5 rulebook - the
sort of
> > thing where we can economically print just a few hundred copies for
the fun
> > of it!
>
> If it's just for fun, how about an electronic publication? If someone
> wants it on paper, print-on-demand for a small fee. Others can
download it
> free or for a small fee (there are a number of places that specialize
in
> peddling electronic documents for a small commission -- at least one
of
> them specializes in gaming stuff).

	I have to agree.  If we make Full Steam electronically
available, then
it gives just about everyone a chance to get a copy.  If we just make a
few rule booklets, we'll eventually run out of copies.	Players will
demand more, and then we have to print more at a cost.	The cost of
electronic publication is just the cost of running the web site and the
price of writing it and laying it out.	The customer pays for the game
with a modest download fee (say $5-$10 American), some printer paper and
toner.
	The next question is, what kind of rules format do we want.  I
assume
we all would like to see Full Steam to use FT 2.5-FT 3.0 rules?  Also,
do we want to include a modest background, or do we want it to be
completely generic?
	I think that someone, should set up a mailing list so that we
can
discuss this without cluttering the main mailing list.	I'd do it
myself, but UWM doesn't allow mailing lists for recreational purposes.
--
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

	Give me steam
	And how you feel to make it real
	Real as anything you've seen
	Get a life with this dreamer's dream

				     --Peter Gabriel
				     "Steam"

cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		 http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu/index.html
====

Prev: Scale? That belongs on fish Next: Re: Full Steam