Prev: Re: Wire Obstacles Next: Re: SGII and Mercs

Re: Wire Obstacles

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 21:27:23 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Wire Obstacles

You wrote:

>1. You'd obviously need tools and a lot of care to deploy it (it's a
>risk). It might hack you up just as easily during deployment (anybody
>who's laid concertina knows you can write off gloves and boots easy
>with wire).

I see Monofilament as a case of setting up the dispenser, standing way
the hell back, pressing a button, and a whole mess of it shoots out.  I
can't think of how you'd work with it.	And don't forget that it's damn
near impossible to clear totally, so you can't use it on real estate
you plan to own after the war.

>2. If you have those tools, presumably sweeping tools exist (maybe
>harnessing electromagnetic or gravitic forces).

Someone suggested the grav minesweeper, which might work on this stuff
too.  Or a big explosion.

>3. It might be expensive, and hence not deployed on frontiers. (Or
>maybe not).

That's like saying Size 4 Grav tanks with MDC/5s and superior systems
'might' be expensive and hence not deployed on frontiers.  IOW, only
where there are regular troops expecting conflict.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: Wire Obstacles Next: Re: SGII and Mercs