Prev: Re: [SGII] 10mm,15mm,20mm minis & VOTOMs Next: Re: [Kind of off topic]VOTOMS Models?

Re: [SGII] 10mm,15mm,20mm minis & VOTOMs

From: Stuart Murray <smurray@a...>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 16:00:18 -0400
Subject: Re: [SGII] 10mm,15mm,20mm minis & VOTOMs

>Does everyone use 25mm scale for SG2?

I personally prefer 25mm, however, unless I use a really huge table (I
used
to use a 5 foot by 9 foot table) a full platn of 25mm troops is too
much.
Because of this I now tend to use a few fire teams on a 6x4 table and
now i
don't use vehiicles. whereas on the big table it was possible without
cramming them in.

>Is 10mm
>to small for SG2?

When I now want to play pltn level games I use 10mm troops (and cm
scales)
from Pendraken.  One of the othr reasons I use 10mm is this is the only
scale where I can actually buy "Aliens".  Thier figs are OK but not
super
and although the games lack the visual appeal of 25mm they are better
tactically as the troops are more spread out and troops can move round
outside personal weapons ranges, something which is hard on a 6x4 in
25mm.

Stuart.

Stuart Murray

Department Of Molecular Genetics
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx
New York 10461

Tel: (718) 430 4289
smurray@aecom.yu.edu

Prev: Re: [SGII] 10mm,15mm,20mm minis & VOTOMs Next: Re: [Kind of off topic]VOTOMS Models?