Prev: Re: SGII and Mercs Next: Re: Obstacles, Part 3

Please keep the noise down

From: Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 10:30:03 +0100
Subject: Please keep the noise down

Hmmm

I just did some sums there were about 70+ replies to the 'Humble
Request'
message and there are about 300+ subscribers, this means that the Bolton
server had a traffic of 21,000 mail messages :-0 on just that one
subject.

As this is an academic server and we are on it by the very good graces
of the staff can I respectfully request that we take a lot more care
with
messages that generate a lot of rather pointless list traffic (me too,
advocacy wars, where are you, questionnaires). Especially when asked to
stop by the list admin and several other posters.

If you send a potentially high volume reply post make sure that
they go to you directly (as many subscribers do :-) via private email.

I don't want this list to be shut down, due to denial of service attacks
on the server, I *need* it ;-)

( any required follow-ups to me timj.jones@smallworld.co.uk )

Thanks
tim jones
----

Prev: Re: SGII and Mercs Next: Re: Obstacles, Part 3