Prev: NOT Re: A Humble Request Next: Re: WHOA! RE: A Humble Request, RE: GZG Online...

Re: Full Steam?(was Re: A Humble..)

From: Binhan Lin <Binhan.Lin@U...>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 15:20:36 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Re: Full Steam?(was Re: A Humble..)

> > (Still working on Full Steam...)
> >

> Victorian SF in space modifications of the Full Thrust rules? Giant
> rivetted ironclad space dreadnoughts firing eather torpeadoes, rockets
and
> big guns at each other? Or what?

Actually it should be named Flank Speed since it covers WWII.  I believe
Allan tried it with WWI or Pre-WWI ships and it didn't work too well
with
that.

There are some aberrations with the system right now - i.e. destroyers
are
just fodder for most cruisers (a 6" is rated as a C-batt and there are
some cruisers that mount 15 6" broadsides).

In the few scenarios that we have played out the battleships take
forever
to take out and everything lower than capital ship class is wiped out in
the first half dozen rounds.  I need to incorporate some kind of
fire-priority rules such as Battleships will target battleships first
and
not try to blow destroyers out of the water at a 10 mile range...

haven't looked at modifying FT for Victorian.  I think the Space:1889
stuff does pretty well in that department.

--Binhan

Prev: NOT Re: A Humble Request Next: Re: WHOA! RE: A Humble Request, RE: GZG Online...