Prev: Re: A Humble Request Next: Re: You won't beleive this

RE: Kra'Vak, inclinations of

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 08:56:51 +0300 (EET DST)
Subject: RE: Kra'Vak, inclinations of

On Tue, 5 May 1998, John Atkinson wrote:

> [OT] I've been trying to find Lensman stuff, but Doc Smith is so out
of
> print in the US it's ridiculous.  I just can't find it.

Ripping UK has relatively recently reprinted at least the six first
books. www.thebookplace.com has them, and I presume amazon or the others

could order them for you.

Personally, though, they don't rank very high in my favorites list. The
aliens are sort of interesting and the books have sort of a nostalgic
feeling, but the worldview is just sickening. And some of the stuff is
just ridiculous (no, not the technology -- stuff like
muscle-thought-reading).

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	   | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: A Humble Request Next: Re: You won't beleive this