Prev: RE: Kra'Vak, inclinations of Next: A Humble Request

RE: Obstacles, Part 3

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 23:18:39 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: RE: Obstacles, Part 3

You wrote:

 move >and clear option given to engineers that I found fault in.  I
would >think along the lines of giving engineers greater ability to
clear stuff >over standard infantry.  Probably around double.  My

Ah.  I shall rethink that one.	Perhaps allow infantry to breach a foot
lane, taking another activation to improve it to a vehicle lane, but an
engineer unit automatically clears a vehicle lane?

>Speaking of pickets, have you ever done this: it is a sort of
improvised >bangalore.

Yup!  What we usually do is duct-tape two pickets together with C-4
packed in.  We used 13 packages (1.25 lbs ea) of C-4.  Cool, but a bit
unwieldy to hump for a couple klicks.  It also has a tendency to make a
bit of a crater if you over-do it.  More than 13 packages is overkill.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: RE: Kra'Vak, inclinations of Next: A Humble Request