Prev: RE: Obstacles Next: Re: Nations and their size. Long.

Proper-Physics FT (PhT?)

From: NVDoyle <NVDoyle@a...>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 22:45:57 EDT
Subject: Proper-Physics FT (PhT?)

maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio)   writes

<< Hmmm... maybe I should write proper-physics vector movement system
for FT
 (starting with ditching instant acceleration and discrete time) just to
see
 if one of the vector system proponents would really try it.  >>

Sure!  I'd love to see it, and I would try it at least once.  I've
always
loved 3D space games, though very few have ever been anywhere near
playable.
My 3D Starfire has been dormant for years, with multiple revisions.
Probably
will never be finished.  See if you can keep PhT on a 2D plane - 3D with
minis
just doesn't work.  But good physics for 2D motion might be fun.  I
think TNE
(Brilliant Lances/Battle Rider) came closest; you really had to work the
vectors to get a good missile shot.

Noah V. Doyle

Prev: RE: Obstacles Next: Re: Nations and their size. Long.