Prev: RE: Obstacles, Part 3 Next: Fleet Book Cover Image?

Re: Nations and their size. Long.

From: Bradford Holden <holden@o...>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 15:14:43 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Nations and their size. Long.

This discussion of economies made me curious so I will inject something
that looks like a fact after checking out the The World Factbook by
the CIA

China's GDP : 3.39 trillion US dollars (though the authors argue that
		this may overstate true GDP by 25%)
Japan's GDP : 2.85 trillion US dollars

USA GDP : 7.61 trillion US dollars

Now, this is for 1997, pre Hong Kong but Hong Kong is really tiny (the
report GDP is .15 trillion US dollars).  I think what is going on is
that every remembers that the GDP of China is growing really rapidly and
should surpass that of the US in the next 30 or so years at current
growth rates.

Btw, the current success rate of the Long March rockets is about 70% or
so, much worse then the US success rate of 99% but then we have been
at it quite a bit longer then they have.

cheers
brad

Prev: RE: Obstacles, Part 3 Next: Fleet Book Cover Image?