Prev: Traveller to DS2/SG2 Next: RE: Kra'Vak, inclinations of

Re: Anti-US bullshit, was Re: Obstacles

From: Mike Looney - ionet <mlooney@i...>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 10:17:58 -0500
Subject: Re: Anti-US bullshit, was Re: Obstacles

Allan Goodall wrote:

> The Israeli attack on the Iraqi nuclear facility in the early 80s was
> against
> the rules of warfare. They were not at war with Iraq and attacked a
> civilian
> facility. I happen to agree with the decision, as it is quite obvious
> why Iraq
> wanted that nuke plant, but it was still strictly speaking an illegal
> act as
> considered by the Geneva Convention. It's not the only illegal act
> committed
> by Israelis during warfare. David didn't mention the war in Lebanon in
> the
> early 80s, but could have.

Point of Order:
A state of war exists between Israel and all Arab nations except Egypt
and Jordan.  This is left over from 1948.   The fact that they stop
shooting at each other every once and a while tends to mask the fact
that they are in fact "at war", so the Iraqi strike was, in fact, with
in the letter of the law.

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus
http://www.spellbooksoftware.com

Prev: Traveller to DS2/SG2 Next: RE: Kra'Vak, inclinations of