Prev: SV: Li Han? Next: FLEET BOOK (REVIEWED)

Re: all the latest anti-whover bullshit

From: "Mark A. Siefert." <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 01:30:31 -0600
Subject: Re: all the latest anti-whover bullshit

NVDoyle wrote:

> Let's boil it down to it's simplest level.

> 1) All human nations/states suck, 'cause they're designed & run by
fallible
> humans in haphazard ways.

	Amen!  Why do you think I've turned Libertarian over the past
couple of
months?

> 2) Some suck less than others, by virtue of effort and/or luck.

	Some societies suck because they are run by people who have
ideas that
inherently suck.  Others suck in lesser degrees because they are run by
people who think they are doing something cool (to keep the Beavis and
Butthead motif going) but later turns out to suck.

> 3) Some are trying to suck less.  Some are not.  I think the trends
should be
> obvious.

	Pretty much.  However, I rather be the cause of suckage in my
life,
rather than have it foisted upon me via a dictator or a democracy.  For
a excellent example of this thinking, read anything by L. Neil Smith
(Particularly "Pallas" which I find to be his best work, yet).

> All ist klar, ja?

Dommo Oregato Doyle-San (forgive spelling)
--
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

	"I know I'll make it, love can last forever
	Graceful swans of never topple to the earth
	And you can make it last, forever you
	You can make it last, forever you"

				     --Smashing Pumpkins
				     "Thirty-Three"

cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		 http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu/index.html
====

Prev: SV: Li Han? Next: FLEET BOOK (REVIEWED)