Prev: NSL Ship Names [Help] Next: RE: Obstacles, Part 3

Re: Nations and their size.

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 12:23:58 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Nations and their size.

You wrote:

>I think you have a similar situation with the Rhomanoi - sure they
have a >lot of planets (perhaps they are the harsh single environment
type), and >perhaps they have a lot of people (farmers, dilithium
crystal mine slaves, >etc.) but in order for all that stuff to count it
has to be utilized >correctly.

I think I'm going to shrink it down (Themes go from planets to major
subdivisions thereof) rather than have this sort of inefficiency.  The
Rhomaioi were incredibly sophisticated and efficient, especially in
comparision to the illiterate and unwashed barbarians which populated
the domains of the Rex Francia[1].

John M. Atkinson
[1]Yes, that's a deliberate insult.  Translates to King of the Franks,
rather than the Emperor title Chucky-the-egotistical got handed by the
Bishop of Rome

Prev: NSL Ship Names [Help] Next: RE: Obstacles, Part 3