Prev: Re: FLEET BOOK Next: Re: FT Lite

Re: Police Grav vans

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 21:21:31 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Police Grav vans

You wrote:

>or, god forbid, tanks, they're pretty much screwed.  They might make a
good >showing, but they are not trained or equipped as infantry.

A lot depends on the unit.  A divisional MP company is better equipped
and trained for combat than, say, an MP company assigned to a stateside
REMF base, such as Meade.  The latter might not be a lot better than
your standard civvie cops.  No heavier equipment, and not much specific
combat training since Basic.

>sufficient.  Also, grav is the way to go when you have little or no
roads >(Traveller-style grav, granted).

Not quite Traveller-style grav, since the FT universe has indeed given
Mr. Newton the boot and thrown out that law about equal and opposite
reactions--IOW Reactionless Drives.  The only _good_ Traveller was the
one where such stuff was non-Canon.  *Flees before MT&CT dinosaurs, or
God Forbid, T4-loosers, stone me*

>- shot himself dead.  Our sterling local commentary: "We heard a shot
ring out >about an hour & twenty minutes ago - he hasn't moved much
since.	We think he >may be dead.  We'll stay live until we get more
information..."

In the US, ever since Mr. Hoover made it the FBI's business to track
down bank robbers, only the idiots have made it a profession.  Such as
the genius who wrote his note demanding money on his own deposit slip.
. .

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: FLEET BOOK Next: Re: FT Lite