Prev: Re: Components of NAC CVL Next: RE: Obstacles, Part 2

Re: Police Grav vans

From: "Peter Mancini" <Peter_Mancini@o...>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 08:58:39 -0400
Subject: Re: Police Grav vans

>Something else to think about for SG2:  one of they suspects from a
robbery/murder today eluded a lot of cops for several hours.  They had
dogs,
IR, the works.	He was inside their perimeter (about 250m radius from
the
bank).	He was also up a tree.	Made me think of trying to find
dedicated,
trained snipers.  Hmmm.  Or, this could reflect more on the police than
the
suspect.  Oh, well.

Actually, if you think about it, a Sniper in that position is making a
nuisance of himself and the suspect is trying his best not to. Most
snipers
I suspect take a shot then move to a new location and sit still for a
while
so perhaps it is relevant.  They did eventually get they guy, though,
didn't they?

If they did get him I wonder if he was as stupid as the burglar here in
MA
that was chased by 30 Staties and a dog. When he was finally surrounded
(about 10 cops in a ring around him) he decided that now was a good time
get into a fist fight with one of the policemen. The dog handler kept
saying "Cease or I'll release the dog..." (the dog was snarling and
snapping at this point) Well three attempts at that and the idiot was
still
fighting so they released the dog which immediately bit him on the ass.
He
then decided that now was a good time to surrender and raised his arms
which the dog took as a hostile gesture and BIT HIM THROUGH THE ELBOW.

I hear snipers get similar treatment when they are caught as well.

--Pete

Prev: Re: Components of NAC CVL Next: RE: Obstacles, Part 2