Prev: the FB Next: Re: FLEET BOOK

FLEET BOOK

From: Denny Graver <denny.graver@b...>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 13:37:36 +0100
Subject: FLEET BOOK

	Having pored over the much anticipated volume since saturday, I
have formed the following opinions.

	1: It is a brilliant and much needed addition to the FT family

	2: It provides a much needed  benchmark for gamers to use in
competitions, ie gamers who don't know each other can produce fleets at
the drop of a hat !

	3: The glimpse of FT3 that it gives is so bloody wonderful that
I can't wait for it (or the freshly mentioned Fleet book 2

	4: Isometric illustrations of the ships serve as a better guide
than the GZG catalogue pictures.

	5: The upcoming FT3 design system is brilliant, it gives greater
flexibility in ship design, gives a new lease of life to PDAF type
weapons, gives fighters more flexibility.

	My only quibble  is this: All of the ships appear to be
unstreamlined and the larger warships don't seem to feature any
interface craft/shuttles.  A very minor point, but what the hell.

	Superb effort by Jon/GZG/all the lucky
playtesters/proofreaders(apart from that extra band of crew hiding
behind a PDS on the Ark Royal!)

	:Denny

Prev: the FB Next: Re: FLEET BOOK