Prev: Police Grav vans Next: Re: Police Grav vans

RE: DS/SG Engineers

From: NVDoyle <NVDoyle@a...>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 00:22:39 EDT
Subject: RE: DS/SG Engineers

<arising from a prolonged lurk>

This discussion of engineering is quite interesting - J. Atkinson, could
you
throw together that post on Engineering doctrine?  If nobody else wants
to see
it, private email would be fine.  Also, pardon my ignorance, but what
national
military doctrine POV are you speaking from?  I don't know how much they
vary.
Could someone (knowledgeable) put up an engineering doctrine from the
Russian/Warsaw Pact POV?  For comparison, as I tend to play 'eastern'
forces
more often.

And to clarify things (& smooth hackles) could someone point out the
technical
differences between these various groups of lunatics? (engineers/assault
pioneers/sappers - from a grunts perspective) What are they equipped
with, and
what are they expected to do, reasonably.  As a field commander, I am
sure
that I will find PLENTY of unreasonable things for them to do..."You're
motor-rifle regiment - of course you can clear mines.  NOW."

Noah V. Doyle

Prev: Police Grav vans Next: Re: Police Grav vans