Prev: Re: FT Lite Next: NOT Re: X to GZG conversions...

Re: SV: X to GZG conversions...

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 23:06:26 +0200
Subject: Re: SV: X to GZG conversions...

John Atkinson wrote:

> >> [1]Two points for noting the historical context, 10 points for
> guessing  >> the name of the nation I'm using in DS/FT.
> >
> >Historical context: Byzantine empire from ca 650 AD and onward (at
> least >until the battle of Manzikert 1071 AD). Name of the nation,
> well... if it's >an Earth nation, by rights it ought to be Greece or
> Byzans :-/
>
> 7 points, half credit for the latter.  I detest the term Byzantine
> Empire.  It's properly The Roman Empire, although from 800 AD onward I

> can see The Eastern Roman Empire.

Not sure what they called themselves, but from 800 AD to the end of WW1
the
Roman Empire was definitely the Germany-based one :-) It usually
included
Rome, for one thing :-/

I agree with the remark about Gibbons, though.

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: FT Lite Next: NOT Re: X to GZG conversions...