Prev: Unsubscribing info? Next: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition(Semi OT)

Re: House Rules(was playtest results)

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 10:30:37 -0700
Subject: Re: House Rules(was playtest results)

PCARON wrote:
...snip...
 If, however, you're
> interested in slower speed combats (so fighters and missiles have a
chance
...Large snip...JTL

Peter and All interested,
     This communication is really intended to shop how FT can
adapt to the desires/needs of the various groups.

My current "House Rules" for movement:
Note: We do not plot any ship movement, we only note ship speed.
Order of Movement:
1) FT missiles.
2) Ships move in thrust order, low (1) to high (8).
3) Fighters move. (Fighters are considered thrust 12/18.)
   (Note: Fighters must be in base to base contact to have combat.)
Combat phase:
1) Fighter vs Fighter.
2) Fighters and missiles attack. (Optional: Fighter vs ship
   and missile vs ship is resolved when the target ship becomes
   active for firing.)
3) Ships fire in reverse thrust order, high (8) to low (1).

This order allows a number of things to occure;
1) Escorts will be able to get off one shot before they go away.
2) The game goes faster, the order writing and more importantly
   the 'move first' discussions are not nesessary.
3) We have actually had an increase in the effectiveness of missiles
   under this system.  (I know it is hard to believe, but true!
   Perhaps we are just getting better.)

The normal speed range for our games is 15 plus or minus 10.

As always, what works for you is the best to do.

For your consideration,
John L.

Prev: Unsubscribing info? Next: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition(Semi OT)