Next: Re: Platoon Leaders in SG2

Re: Targeting Missiles

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 14:15:51 +0100
Subject: Re: Targeting Missiles

	Of the 5 blokes who regularly play FT at our club I'm the only
one that
consistently uses carriers (if fact at the moment I'm the only that uses
them at all). I've always loved torpedo fighters and mine have developed
quite a reputation, hence the house rules about fighter defences since
they
aren't happy with C batteries as anti fighter weapons (which suits me).
We
generally use ship designs straight out of the book so fighters aren't
totally ineffective but now you have to use "combined arms" tactics to
make
them work at all (gone are the days when 6 heavy torpedo bombers could
fly
into the centre of an enemy fleet and take out a superdread, sigh). The
usual mix of fighters I use for a fleet carrier is an interceptor, 2
heavy
fighters, 2 heavy torpedo fighters and either a heavy attack or another
heavy torpedo. The other blokes are now mounting heavy fighters on their
dreads which cuts back on the effectiveness of the interceptors. 'Might
have to make them heavy as well.

	Tony.
	twilko@ozemail.com.au

At 01:35 23/04/98 +1000, you wrote:
>Tony Wilkinson wrote:
>>
>>	   The mates that I play FT with really don't have a problem
with
batteries
>> not be able to shoot missiles which we all assumed were about the
same size
>> as a fighter. What we did do is allow ADAF's and PDAF's to attack any
>> target within their range.
>
>>	   The side effect has been that this has rendered fighters
almost
totally