Prev: Please check your mail settings! Re: RCPT: Kravak Rail Guns: another idea Next: RCPT messages again

Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition

From: "It's not the years, it's the mileage...and I just put several more on..." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 07:41:58 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition

>>capitals. Your swarm fleet is effective at 24" range and if you can
>
>Who told you that?  Missles.	Three turns endurance.	Times 18 inches
>movement.  I dunno about anyone else, but ships start our games at the
>same speed as the thrust of their slowest ship.  Which generally is
>two, unless you're one of those wierdos that likes pouring money into
>your drive systems.  (Which is a mistake--I've gamed against people
>with Thrust 6 Battleships.  Just not cost-effective.)	Makes it reaaaly

>easy to catch someone with a Turn 2 launch.

You guys start games at speed 2?? Wow...we generally start out somewhere
around 8-12, give or take a few depending on the scenario.

And I dunno about that not-cost-effective Thrust 6 battleship. I had my
head
handed to me once against someone who fielded high-thrust battleships. I
ended
up pulling a tactic I think is cheesy and don't like much and played
'gun
turret in space' just to hit him as he ran circles around me. Now they
may
not be cost-effective for getting lots of firepower out there, but they
can
run circles around you, and if they get behind...

Mk
-
During the run-and-fight-and-run-again battle through this forest of
horror,
she is finally cornered. Her weapons have been left deep in the bodies
of the
slain or broken against the granite-hard scales of these snakes that are
not
snakes. Her stand to the death must be fought here. Though her only
weapons
are her hands and her deep and wide knowledge of the slayers, she does
not
fear them. They will die. Of this she is sure.

Prev: Please check your mail settings! Re: RCPT: Kravak Rail Guns: another idea Next: RCPT messages again