Prev: Re: Request (UK) Next: Please check your mail settings! Re: RCPT: Kravak Rail Guns: another idea

RE: Targeting Missiles

From: PCARON <Pcaron@c...>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 07:42:34 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: RE: Targeting Missiles

In our house rules, we created two new systems; ADAM, and PDAM.  These
operate exactly like ADAF's and PDAF's only vs. Missiles.

ECM on a target ship reduces the chances of a missile hit.  Player who
fires missile must roll a d6 when it's within 6".  On a roll of 4-6 the
missile burns through the ECM and hits.  On a 1-3 the missile is
confused
and spends this turn trying to acquire the ship.  This continues each
turn
until the missile locks on or uses up it's fuel.  Can make for some
tense
die rolling.

Note: We limit ship velocity in our games to give missiles and fighters
slower targets.  Actually, we limit the maximum safe velocity a ship can
TURN at.  If you're flying straight we assume the hull is built to
handle
the acceleration of the engines.  Turning is another matter.

Pete

Peter Caron
pcaron@cris.com

"There is no nation on earth so dangerous as a nation fully armed, and
bankrupt at home."
			Henry Cabot Lodge

Prev: Re: Request (UK) Next: Please check your mail settings! Re: RCPT: Kravak Rail Guns: another idea