Prev: Re: Request (UK) Next: Re: Fleet Book is out (in UK anyway)!

Re: Anime Review: Armored Trooper VOTOMS

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 01:21:41 +0300 (EET DST)
Subject: Re: Anime Review: Armored Trooper VOTOMS

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, Mark A. Siefert. wrote:

> Japanese dialogue with subs.	Is it my imagination, or is anime better
> when it's subtitled instead of a having a new english dialogue dubbed
> in?

Subtitled is the only way to go. Unless you're literacy-challanged,
ofcourse.

If you don't care zip for the integrity of the original work of art, I
can
understand the arguments for dubbing. But I still prefer subtitles,
because that way extra *noise* doesn't bother me so much. I can and will
glue my eyes to the screen when I watch something (if something's only
worth watching from the corner of my eye, I don't think it's worth
watching at all), but I can't stop my wife putting on the washing
machine.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	   | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: Request (UK) Next: Re: Fleet Book is out (in UK anyway)!