Prev: Re: epic to Dirtside conversions Next: Request (UK)

Re: Dirtside to epic conversions

From: "Mark A. Siefert." <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 06:50:22 -0600
Subject: Re: Dirtside to epic conversions

Peter Ramos wrote:

> No need to apologize, I wasn't aware that this sort of thing might
cause
> frictions..

	No need to apologize, Peter.  It only grates on the delicate
sensibilities of a hypersensitive few.

> I'm not new to this list, just haven't been on it for several months
> (perhaps longer). Back then there seems to have been some interest for
that
> sort of thing and I stated back then I would try to organize it. I was
just
> checking if there were still interested parties.

	Oh, there's interest.  Despite the flaws in the game mechanics
in most
of their products and other business practices, the WH 40K universe is a
fascinating one.  One worthy of gaming in.

> Of course, I really love DS II. All aside its the best rules system
out
> there for 6mm. Epic and its background are fun, but sometimes I prefer
> more realistic system with options and flexibility epic does not have.
>
> As others have mentioned, many people have accumulated many epic figs
over
> the years and it would be nice to give them some use than dust
collectors.

	You might not like this, but I have a lot of Epic minis too...
for
playing the current version of Epic 40,000. (DON'T HIT! But I really do
like the new Epic over the old.) However, what Epic lacks is the
dependable C+C and morale system that DSII has.

> I am aware of efforts of others to do the same and have taken into
account
> their ideas to make what I have done. Overall I tried to capture the
armies
> character, but all compromises were made in favor of the DSII system.
Please
> note I never intended to "discuss" GW background on this list, I'm
well
> aware that is not the purpose of this list.

	IT IS NOT WRONG FOR YOU TO DISCUSS GW ON THIS LIST.  It's all
right for
you to discuss other gaming backgrounds and topics.  Just bring it into
context of the GZG products.  For example: It's perfectly all right for
you to compare say... Heavy Gear with DSII, suggest or post rules to
convert Heavy Gear to DSII (Why I don't know. I think HG is fine the way
it is), or just to give an overall review.  However, IT IS NOT OK, for
instance, to go posting your new Hunter or Kodiak variant on this
mailing list.

> Well enough said on this, I'll get to work and when its done I'll
announce
> it and I'll send a copy to those interested.

	Good.  I can't wait to see what you've got.
--
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

	"I know I'll make it, love can last forever
	Graceful swans of never topple to the earth
	And you can make it last, forever you
	You can make it last, forever you"

				     --Smashing Pumpkins
				     "Thirty-Three"

cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		 http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu/index.html
====

Prev: Re: epic to Dirtside conversions Next: Request (UK)