Prev: Re: Dirtside to epic conversions Next: Re: Request (UK)

Re: Salute '98

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 09:32:22 +0000
Subject: Re: Salute '98

>You wrote:
>
>>Get there if you can - just follow the hordes of camo and anorak clad
>>persons (ahh, the delicate fragrance of unwashed gamers....)	 :)
>
>OK, I know I'm just a dumb colonial, but what on earth is an anorak,
>and how does this relate to wargamers?

A wet-weather jacket, usually nylon and either luridly coloured (blue or
orange) or in nasty shades of green or brown. Often tacky and
cheap-looking. Usually has a hood. Very popular in the 70s or so, now
considered standard wear for geeks, nerds and trainspotters - a group
into
which, in the limited perception of the General Public, us wargamers
also
fall.....

Jon (GZG)