Prev: Re: Platoon Leaders in SG2 Next: Re: Platoon Leaders in SG2

Re: Introduction to the list

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 03:27:53 GMT
Subject: Re: Introduction to the list

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998 21:25:56 +0000, "Shadowcat" <kwalsh@cube.ice.net>
wrote:

>I am 35, and live In Central Illinois, I have been gaming for 20+
>years now, and have done playtesting for Game Designers Workshop
>and FASA over the years.

Welcome to the list! Though I would have sworn that GDW never did ANY
playtesting. :-)

>I have been working on using FT as substitute for high guard
>and DS2 for Striker

Your insight would be excellent. Some others have worked on this but I
don't
know if we have the "definitive" Traveller conversions yet.

>has anybody ever tried a D whatever based system for DS2?

There have been a number of dice based conversions for DS2. I don't mind
the
chits myself, but I can see why some people dislike them. You might want
check Jerry Han's mailing list archive site. I don't have the URL off
hand,
but I'm sure Jerry will point it out (or you can do a check on a web
search
engine).

Allan Goodall	     agoodall@sympatico.ca

"Once again, the half time score,
 Alien Overlords: 142,000. Scotland: zip."
  - This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Prev: Re: Platoon Leaders in SG2 Next: Re: Platoon Leaders in SG2