Prev: Re: Dirtside to epic conversions Next: Re: Platoon Leaders in SG2

RE: Platoon Leaders in SG2

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 13:04:57 +1000
Subject: RE: Platoon Leaders in SG2

-----Original Message-----
From: agoodall@sympatico.ca [mailto:agoodall@sympatico.ca]

Er, I'm not sure if this is reasonable within the rule's set concept.

>If you want to encourage leading from the front, change the rules for
giving
>actions to a subordinate unit. Allow the leader to give one action to a
leader
>or squad from 12" to 24" away, and allow the leader to give up to two
actions
>to a leader or squad up to 12" away. In the case of giving the action
to the
>squad 24" away, this eats up both actions. In all cases, a
communication roll
>must be made for leaders more than 6" away from the leader/unit
receiving the
>action, as per SG2 rules.

The 6" distance for commands is in scale to 60 meters, which is a
reasonable distance to shout commands. 12" to 24" is 120 to 240 meters.
So outside of this distance all communications are by radio; so why does
the distance reduce the number of squads the Pl Comd can communicate to?

Owen G

Prev: Re: Dirtside to epic conversions Next: Re: Platoon Leaders in SG2