Prev: Re: Kra'vak Railgun & Technology!!!! Next: Re: Dirtside to epic conversions

Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 18:34:17 -0700
Subject: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition

John Atkinson wrote:

> You wrote:
>
> >ships. Within those constraints, the fleets were fairly well
balanced.
> We also >outlawed Kra'vak weapons.
>
> Curiosity:  How would you feel about a human fleet that had a captured
> refitted Kra'vak ship with it?  Only Kra'vak rules I used were armored
> hull-engines were damaged badly and rebuilt to human specs.  It looks
> pretty potent for it's size (I've been playing with Patrol Cruiser
hull
> designs), but I havn't tested it.
>
> John M. Atkinson

John,
     An alternate point of view of the engine rebuild.
The engines are not any better than human due to the straight line
acceleration value.   The real change in the Kra'Vak ship is the
ability of the crew to handle high-G turns, and whatever crew
facilities this requires.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: Kra'vak Railgun & Technology!!!! Next: Re: Dirtside to epic conversions