Prev: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition Next: RE: Disruptor Cannons

RE: Platoon Leaders in SG2

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 10:47:32 +1000
Subject: RE: Platoon Leaders in SG2

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Barclay [mailto:Thomas.Barclay@sofkin.ca]

>Although the point of the command squad is to command, I'd point out
>a couple of things:
>1. It tends to immobilize the squad. That means the commanders tend
>to not lead from the front, or even close to it. In real life, I
>found our platoon officers didn't lurk way at the back. Now, you can
>acheive this by not giving any orders and moving, but then what's the
>point?

Actually by keeping the Pl Comd back you then rely on the communications
roll to pass commands/actions.

Your Pl Comd is best pushed forward close behind the forward sections so
that he can pass comms automatically ie within 6" range. By activating
him last you will avoid people targetting his squad (remember target
priorities? Squads that have activated must be targeted first).

Regarding the individual Pl Comd figures this seems to be tending to the
more skirmish level style. Think of the Platoon as a whole rather than 4
squads.

Cheers,

Owen G

Prev: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition Next: RE: Disruptor Cannons