Prev: Introduction to the list Next: Re: Kra'vak Railgun & Technology!!!!

Re: Dirtside to epic conversions

From: Peter Ramos <pramos1@i...>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 21:30:15 +0000
Subject: Re: Dirtside to epic conversions

Trevor Dow wrote:

> Peter
> I,m sorry If I may have offended you in any way with my remarks
> regarding GW products.
> I guess If I have a personnel beef with GW and I shouldn't burden it
> upon others. But I was asked my opinion and gave it. I did not even
stop
> to think that you might be new to the list and I hope I didn't
discurage
> any further input from you.
> Your Humble Groveller Trevor Dow

No need to apologize, I wasn't aware that this sort of thing might cause
frictions..

I'm not new to this list, just haven't been on it for several months
(perhaps longer). Back then there seems to have been some interest for
that
sort of thing and I stated back then I would try to organize it. I was
just
checking if there were still interested parties.

In reality I'm rabidly anti-GW myself. With the help of many others I
spearheaded the net epic project in an effort to remold the older
version in
something the gamers wanted, since GW is not in the market of making
rules
that intelligent gamers seem to go for. It seems to have gone well.

Of course, I really love DS II. All aside its the best rules system out
there for 6mm. Epic and its background are fun, but sometimes I prefer a
more realistic system with options and flexibility epic does not have.

As others have mentioned, many people have accumulated many epic figs
over
the years and it would be nice to give them some use than dust
collectors.

I am aware of efforts of others to do the same and have taken into
account
their ideas to make what I have done. Overall I tried to capture the
armies
character, but all compromises were made in favor of the DSII system.
Please
note I never intended to "discuss" GW background on this list, I'm well
aware that is not the purpose of this list.

Well enough said on this, I'll get to work and when its done I'll
announce
it and I'll send a copy to those interested.

Peter

Prev: Introduction to the list Next: Re: Kra'vak Railgun & Technology!!!!