Prev: Re: Salute '98 Next: Nano-technology & resources

Re: Kra'vak Railgun & Technology!!!!

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 07:21:04 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Kra'vak Railgun & Technology!!!!

You wrote:

>I would say drives first. While the Kra'Vak railguns are a neat
weapon,

>Iron is Iron, Silicon is silicon. Unless the Kra'Vak are using some
wierd >pseudoscience a railgun still basically works the same way we
know they do. >Electricity still flows through conductors. To duplicate
something isn't >actually that difficult. To understand how it is doing
what it's doing is a >different matter.

One notes that all they have to do to get the railguns operational
would be to ask an Army technician for the stats on what the grunts
call a Mass Driver Cannon.  Of course, in the ESU, this probably
requires a major espionage operation, but in nations where the
interservice rivally is less potent[1], it shouldn't be a problem.

[1]I'm Assuming ESU follows time-honored Communist/Dictatorial plan of
putting all it's military organizations at each other's throats.  The
worst case of this is Syria, which has 11 intelligence agencies, all of
which spy on each other, and IIRC 6 of which do nothing but spy on each
other.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: Salute '98 Next: Nano-technology & resources