Prev: Salute '98 Next: Re: Salute '98

RE: Platoon Leaders in SG2

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 07:16:18 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: RE: Platoon Leaders in SG2

You wrote:

Hi!  New to list, so let me briefly introduce.	John M. Atkinson, age
20, resident of Woodbridge, VA.  Play Full Thrust (unfortunately, the
group at the shop I play at has some screwy house rules, but I play
closer to book FT when I play at home), Dirtside II, and am looking for
a copy of Stargrunt II so I'll have an excuse to buy those minis, as I
don't know anyone who plays it, but I kinda like the minis.

In >most modern armies of today a platoon usually consists of THREE
fighting >squads and a smaller command element. Brits, Aust, Soviet are

Note--modern US light infantry platoons have three rifle squads, plus a
heavy weapons squad (Usually 2xM-60s [replaced by M-240Gs in Real Army
Real Soon Now], another SAW (Squad Leader), and an M-203 GL), plus a
platoon HQ with PL, PSG, RTO.  Or at least that's how the 1/170th
(MdARNG) was organized last summer.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Salute '98 Next: Re: Salute '98