Prev: Re: Kra'vak Railgun & Technology!!!! Next: RE: Kra'vak Railgun & Technology!!!!

RE: Kra'vak Railgun & Technology!!!!

From: Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 11:11:15 +0100
Subject: RE: Kra'vak Railgun & Technology!!!!

On Wednesday, April 22, 1998 10:17 AM, Jonathan white
[SMTP:jw4@bolton.ac.uk] wrote:

> >Is there a precedent for complex system duplication in recent years.
> >IRAQ's nuclear program? How would that compare with duplication of
>an
> ancient alien races metallurgy?

> Iron is Iron, Silicon is silicon. Unless the Kra'Vak are using some
wierd
> pseudoscience a railgun still basically works the same way we know
they do.
> Electricity still flows through conductors. To duplicate something
isn't
> actually that difficult. To understand how it is doing what it's doing
is a
> different matter.

With the advent of nano-technology, duplication at the atomic
level will be pretty easy to accomplish, this has been touted
as one of the possible achievements by the 21st Century.

Consider also using belligerent nanites being fired at the
alien ships and destroying them at the atomic/molecular level.

On another track I'm not convinced a rail gun would actually
be an effective long range space weapon compared to
an energy weapon. even hyper-velocity is slow compared
to C and space combat ranges.

tim jones
--------

Prev: Re: Kra'vak Railgun & Technology!!!! Next: RE: Kra'vak Railgun & Technology!!!!