Prev: Re: Kra'vak Railgun Next: Re: Fighters and Fighter Screena

Re: ConQuest'98 FT results (

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 10:12:35 -0700
Subject: Re: ConQuest'98 FT results (

ROBERTSON,Brendan wrote:

> I'm back.
>
> This seems to be related so I'll kill 2 birds at once.
>
> First Place:	Andreas Kamel - NSL Fleet.  6pts. 3426-2278.
> Second Place: Simon Gray - Kra'Vak Fleet. 4pts. 3017-1279.
> Third Place: Ian Poade - Unaligned Human Fleet. 4pts. 3003-2143.
> Commendation: Reg Poulton - Human swarm fleet (no capitals)
> The trophies were twin Sa'Vasku models, converted to B5 shadow
warships
> (capital, cruiser & escort), sponsored by Nic at Eureka Miniatures.
...snip...
> One additional rule which was added on the day (& made a big
difference)
> was that Kra'vak scatterpacks required separate firecons to the
> Railguns, even when targetting the same ship.  This forced combat
> tradeoffs, with the Kra'vak escorts having to decide whether to fire
> railguns or scatterpacks each turn.  Peter Newton, who also ran a
> Kra'vak fleet commented that these restrictions made them fragile to
> losses, but they all managed wipe out most of the human fleets they
> attacked.
...snip...(This is an important snip as it related to Brendans
defeat of a Kra'Vak force. ) :-)
> Any comments or anyone after advice about allowing Kra'vak at
> tournaments?
Brendan,
     Somewhere in the distant back of my fast fading memory is the
thought the rules require the use of a FCS when firing a Kra'Vak
scattergun at another ship.
(MT, P26, under "Scatterguns", 2nd Para.)

As the guy who has championed the 3:2 ratio, I must say
that my group has been doing well thusfar.   As yet no 'suprise'
design have made an appearence to upset the play balence of
the Kra'Vak/Human games.

Congratulation to the Victors and those who made the effort.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: Kra'vak Railgun Next: Re: Fighters and Fighter Screena