Prev: Re: StarFIST (slightly OT) Next: Re: Kra'vak Railgun

Re: *BOOM!!*

From: "John Fox [TEMP]" <John.W.Fox@E...>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 09:17:10 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: *BOOM!!*

Dear Net gang:
  The sad part about the pulse torpedo attack is that when he rolled
damage dice
for the attack almost (or was it all ) of the damage was 4, 5, 6.  I
watched the
flag ship dissappear into rubble as the horde of PT took it apart.
Frustrating.
Of course the player on the left lost all but one of his ships.  The
next turn
the second player lost all of his heavy cruisers.  His frigets with four
subpack
however did a number on a couple of the KraVak ships.  The humans used
alot of
fast ships with PT and subpacks to fight the Kra'Vak. We tried a take
out the
big ships first strategy for the KraVak.  Maybe they will go to taking
out
whatever is in front from now on.

  John Fox

> From: Mike Wikan <MWikan@mailhost.accolade.com>
> To: "'FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk'" <FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk>
> Subject: *BOOM!!*
> Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 09:05:24 -0700
>
> The mighty Kra'Vak have fallen!! At least in one instance... We had a
> game with myself, John Fox, John Leary and a couple others from the
> South Bay gamers. We had a 3:2 ratio force of Human to Kra'vak force
> that through OUTRAGEOUS fortune went through the Kra'vak like poop
> through a goose. My initial spearhead of six light cruisers (paired
> Battle Rider/Tug engine Combos) fired nine pulse torpedoes in the
second
> range band (4+ to hit) at a Kra'Vak SDN. ALL NINE hit for THIRTY EIGHT
> points of damage!!! Considering my general inability to hit a GAS
GIANT