Prev: Re: Honor Harrington Next: Kra'vak Railgun

Re: FT FLEET BOOK

From: carlparl@j... (Carl J Parlagreco)
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 11:42:50 -0400
Subject: Re: FT FLEET BOOK

On Sat, 18 Apr 1998 08:06:12 +0000 Ground Zero Games
<jon@gzero.dungeon.com> writes:
>>At 02:49 4/17/98, Ground Zero Games wrote:
>>
>>I realize there may be other economic considerations involved....just
>>another drooling, impatient FT otaku daydream. :)
>
>Simply, two short print runs cost a lot more than one large one. Two
>sets
>of films, two sets plates, two lots makeready, etc., etc., etc.......

Yumping Yiminy! Doesn't your printer store the film? What kind of press
are they using? Back when I worked for a magazine, our printer had a
huge
library of stuff from previous issues. Sure, it *was* more expensive to
do separate runs, but alot of that stuff didn't have to be re-done. Or
perhaps you could ask for everything from the printer when the job is
done. Just be careful--some of it can be kind fragile.

>The only way to get a reasonable unit price on printing is to do as
>many as
>possible in the same run.
This is true, though.

>Jon (GZG)

--------
>>Jim 'Jiji' Foster / jfoster@kansas.net / Jiji @ AnimeMUCK / TIP #28 /
>PPIG #42
>>
>>"That's the way we all begin," said Tom Platt. "The boys they make
>believe
>>all the time till they've cheated 'emselves into bein' men, an' so
>till
>>they die--pretendin' and pretendin'."
>>    Rudyard Kipling, _Captains Courageous_

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Prev: Re: Honor Harrington Next: Kra'vak Railgun