Prev: Re: SALUTE '98 Again Next: Re: FT FLEET BOOK

Re: FT FLEET BOOK

From: jfoster@k... (Jim 'Jiji' Foster)
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 17:47:53 -0500
Subject: Re: FT FLEET BOOK

At 02:49 4/17/98, Ground Zero Games wrote:
>long they take to reach the US depends on whether they go air or sea
>freight, you'd best talk to KR about this one (and how long they'll
then
>take to reach the distributors and stores).

In this day and age of electronic publishing, wouldn't it be possible to
just ship the e-files to GeoHex and let them contract with a local
printer
to do the NorAm distribution? Seems to me it would cut down on the
shipping
portion of the total costs, and decrease turnaround time.

I realize there may be other economic considerations involved....just
another drooling, impatient FT otaku daydream. :)

------
Jim 'Jiji' Foster / jfoster@kansas.net / Jiji @ AnimeMUCK / TIP #28 /
PPIG #42

"That's the way we all begin," said Tom Platt. "The boys they make
believe
all the time till they've cheated 'emselves into bein' men, an' so till
they die--pretendin' and pretendin'."
    Rudyard Kipling, _Captains Courageous_

Prev: Re: SALUTE '98 Again Next: Re: FT FLEET BOOK