Prev: RE: Full Thrust + Mecha Next: Re: Way, WAY off topic...

Re: Searching the archives

From: Jerry Han <jhan@i...>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 12:25:10 -0400
Subject: Re: Searching the archives

Tony Christney wrote:
> >Anywas:  my ISP at home won't let me use cgi scripts; it's a security
> >hole they don't want to deal with.  Personally, I don't blame them;
the
> >fairly recent F00F bug is just the most recent in a bunch of
headaches you
> >can get if you allow even restricted CGI script access.
>
> With Java this shouldn't be a problem. Of course, everyone who wants
> to use the search engine would need a Java 1.1 capable browser...

It would be better than nothing, and give me an excuse to learn Java.
(8-)
I would probably make the problem a little simpler by not zipping the
last
months worth of archives, and just letting you search index pages from
before that point.

Thanks for the suggestion though!  I hadn't thought of doing it that
way.

J.

--
Jerry Han - jhan@idigital.net - http://www.idigital.net/jhan - TBFTGOGGI
"Hear me call across the waves;  If I don't come home tonight,

Prev: RE: Full Thrust + Mecha Next: Re: Way, WAY off topic...