Prev: Re: FAQ's in general Next: RE: <ot>Bren Guns</ot>

Re: Honor Harrington

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 20:32:36 -0400
Subject: Re: Honor Harrington

Peter Mancini wrote:
> I read the prolog of the first one on the train ride
> back and I am hooked!
> Thanks to who ever suggested it.

	Another good SF series with applications to starship
	wargames is Bill Baldwin's THE HELMSMAN series.
	If you read them *real* carefully, you can see that
	he's taken the history of WWI and WWII and set
	it among the stars.  The Battle of Britain,
	the Dunkirk Miracle, it's all here!
	The books are quite engrossing, and very
	cinematic.  You can almost see a StarWars-esque
	like movie in your mind's eye.

	And of course there are lots and lots of battles.

	But my personal favorite is still Glen Cook's
	PASSAGE AT ARMS.  It tells about life on a "climber",
	a kind of cloaked starship. It reads a lot like
	RUN SILENT,RUN DEEP in outer space.

Prev: Re: FAQ's in general Next: RE: <ot>Bren Guns</ot>