Prev: Meta FAQ Next: Re: FAQ's in general

Re: SG2: Sniper rules suggestions..

From: Jonathan white <jw4@b...>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 13:56:55 +0100
Subject: Re: SG2: Sniper rules suggestions..

At 22:22 16/04/98 +1000, you wrote:
>At 09:52 16/04/98 +0100, you wrote:
>>These are out 'house rules' as to snipers, as we've been having some
>>dispute recently. I'd like people's opinions if possible..
>The 'house rules' as you posted are pretty much exactly what I had
though
>the original rules implied.
True, but the rules as stated make no mention at all of how snipers
operate
within squads. As the rules stand, a sniper could hide while the rest of
his squad is sat around in open ground. And there is no mention
whatsoever
of how sniper weapons fire in a 'support' role - I would hope the effect
of
the rules I state is to increase the damage a successful role does
without
changing the probabilities of success too much. I think snipers are
plenty
tough as it is, and would have to give something up if they were to gain
the extra of co-operative fire.

			TTFN
				Jon

Prev: Meta FAQ Next: Re: FAQ's in general