Prev: Re: FAQ's in general Next: Re: Dirtside II question

Ballistics Formulae Reference Request

From: "Michael Blair" <amfortas@h...>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 02:32:00 PDT
Subject: Ballistics Formulae Reference Request

Naval Ballistics (Off topic)

Can anyone out there recommend any useful (and quite basic) work on
naval ballistics?
(Any replies should probably by personal mail rather than to the list.)
I have gathered up a 1/2 MB list of naval guns ranging from Tudor to
modern and I curious about some of the figures.
For example what is 'Danger Space' (from the Jane's WW I reprint)?
I have a copy of Brasays' Military Ballistics (deadly dull) and various
bits and pieces gathered up from a variety of sources including an
article on the KV-3 tank in a back issue of the excellent Journal of the

Society of 20th Century Wargamers which gives a formulae for working out

(maximum theoretical) penetration but I think I need something more
specific.

		 Michael R. Blair

Prev: Re: FAQ's in general Next: Re: Dirtside II question