Prev: Re: FAQ's in general Next: Searching the archives

Re: FAQ's in general

From: "Jeremy Sadler" <jsadler@e...>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 23:24:41 +1000
Subject: Re: FAQ's in general

>FT FAQ, need someone else for DS2 and SG2, plus some helpers are a good
idea
>and prevent people being excluded, plus it usually too much for one
person
anyway.

Well, I put my hand up (rather tentatively) for the SG2FAQ...

I have visions of this document being waaaaaaaaaaay too long.. :)

What I need from everyone are the Questions Most Frequently Asked. :)

I think it should be stated that for all the FAQs they should not be
looked
upon, designed as or thought of as archives for the mailing list. A FAQ
is
for "FREQUENTLY" asked questions, those sort that when someone new to
the
list pops up and asks, everyone else groans because it's been answered
fifty
times before. They should be designed to answer as many questions as
possible a newbie may have about the games.  Perhaps they should also be
used as pointers (possibly) to where questions of a more detailed nature
may
be answered (the Unofficial pages, the list, etc).

At least I know what to start the SG2FAQ with...

"What the hell is Stargrunt II?" :)

Jeremy Sadler
jsadleratearthlingdotnet
Unofficial Stargrunt II Web Site http://nemesis.com.au/fastjax/stargrunt
"Over 3000 visits and going strong!"

Prev: Re: FAQ's in general Next: Searching the archives