Prev: Re: Irregular Miniatures Next: GZG Events at Orion!

Re: Just wondering

From: "Michael A. Come" <thorren@t...>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 18:16:34 -0400
Subject: Re: Just wondering

Hi all,

    I figured it probably be best to send what rules I came up with and
get everyones oppinion.  As I said before I took some allready exsiting
rules in more thrust and converted them.

Extra boarding Parties Beta Rules.

Consit of extra marine contingent specially equipped with vac-suits or
powered armor.	Ship may purchase extra marines at the cost of 1 p.p.
per
marine.  Remember that it takes four marines to make up one boarding
factor.
1 marine takes up 5 c.s. of space.  You must purchase cargo space
(living
quarters) to house the marines.  You purchase living quarters much the
same
way you would purchaes interface craft or hanger bays.	2 marines can
occupy
i mass of living space purchased or 10 c.s. for every 1 mass.  Cost of
living space is 2 points for 1-6 mass bays, 3 points for mass 7-12 bay,
4
points for mass 13-18 bay and so on, plus 2 points per mass of living
quarters.  Thus a mass 6 living quarters would cost 12 p[oints plus 2
for
the bay, for a total of 14 points, and could hold up to 12 marines or 3
boarding factors.  When a threshold pont is reached each indvidual
living
quarters would be rolled for and on the first roll, you would lose half
of
your living quarters and marine contingent there in.  Second lose roll
would
wipe out entire living quarters and the marine contingent there in.
When a
boarding attempt is made the player must state how many extra marines he
is
sending over before any combat takes place between boarding crew and
defending crew.  Remember it takes 4 marines to equal 1 boarding factor.
The player must mark off accordingly.  If boarding attempt is successful
then the marine contigent stays aboard captured ship and becomes part of
the
crew for the new ship.	Other wise if unsuccessful or retreats half
return
to ship rounded down.  Repair and reload: to repair or reload living
quarters it cost the same ammount as if putting new ones in of the same
mass
lost, if 3 mass of living quarters was lost it would cost 6 points plus
repair ant take a full day to do.  To replace lost marine contingent
still
cost the same per marine (1 p.p. per marine) and takes one day per
boarding
factor or part there of to replace.

Let me know how this sounds and any constructive comments are welcomed.

Thanks,
Mike C.

Prev: Re: Irregular Miniatures Next: GZG Events at Orion!