Prev: RE: Nations, States and Organisations - MAPS Next: RE: OFF TOPIC was Re: French Fries - A Weighty Subject

Re: <ot>Bren Guns</ot>

From: Darren Douglas <ddouglas@v...>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 09:48:08 -0400
Subject: Re: <ot>Bren Guns</ot>

[SMTP:Thomas.Barclay@sofkin.ca] wrote:

> > I always understood the Bren to be LMG material. Is it perchance the
> > Sten you are thinking of?
>
> The Bren is a Czech well made magazine fed LMG, I used to strip them
in the
> army cadets. The Sten is the tinplate SMG later replaced by the
Stirling. Both
> very inferior to their German counterparts.

Actually the bren which standards for Bruno & Enfield, where they
wheremade were a british
design from a Czech prototype. Which is actually a good weapon,
its biggest problem is the fact that it is not belt fed. SOme countries
like Indis still
use them as they are very hardy and easy to maintain.

Darren

--------

Prev: RE: Nations, States and Organisations - MAPS Next: RE: OFF TOPIC was Re: French Fries - A Weighty Subject