Prev: RE: Nations, States, and Organizations in Full Thrust Next: RE: Stargrunt Close Combat

Re: Stargrunt Close Combat

From: Kenneth Winland <kwinland@c...>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 02:45:12 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Stargrunt Close Combat

	Howdy!

On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, paul.baldwin@virgin.net wrote:

> Folowing a recent game of Stargrunt II, I have encountered problems
with
> ther resolution of close combats, which have produced, to me and my
> gaming group, unsatisfactory results. Hopefully some one might let me
> know if they ahve also encountered this or it may be that I am
> misinterpreting the rules.
(snip)

	It may not be a perfect mechanism to represent close-combat, but
it is a good one.  When you charge an ememy who is dug or in cover, you
want to attack with a minimum of 2-1 odds.  And sometimes, you suffer
just
plain 'ole bad luck... :)

	I've had assaults go awry with what seemed to me to be great
odds.
I've also seen *stupid* assaults work.	In the end, I think the
close-assault system works.  And all me army buddies love it! <shudder>

	Laterish!

	Ken

Prev: RE: Nations, States, and Organizations in Full Thrust Next: RE: Stargrunt Close Combat