Prev: RCPT: Re: Ship Naming Convention Next: Re: Dieppe

Re: Starship Racing (was: Ship Naming Convention)

From: The Caldwells <clcaldwell@p...>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 19:04:08 -0500
Subject: Re: Starship Racing (was: Ship Naming Convention)

The really ironic thing about this is that I showed up for a BattleTech
game at the local game store this weekend and found that the ref wanted
run "Death Race 3034."	Each team had 4 Patton tanks (I think they were
Pattons) with some of the weaponry replaced with a "supercharger" that
acted exactly as you describe here.

Very enjoyable game -- if a little odd.  The winner had two tanks left
who
could move, though both were in very bad shape.  Of course, everybody
else's were in worse shape (i.e. -- slagged!)!

Nick Caldwell

At 09:41 AM 4/8/98 +1000, you wrote:
>You asked for it, so here goes something on the fly. :)
>
>Full Thrust Formula One
>*********************
<snip>
>Movement:
>Each ship rolls a d6+thrust.  This is the amount of movement available
>for that turn (don't add to last turn's velocity).  Standard turn
>restrictions are in place, but each ship uses available thrust for turn
>restrictions. (Potentially, a thrust 2 ship can do a 4 pt turn if they
>roll a 6).
<snip>
>'Neath Southern Skies
>http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/

Nick Caldwell
clcaldwell@primary.net

Prev: RCPT: Re: Ship Naming Convention Next: Re: Dieppe