Prev: Re: RCPT: Re: Ship Naming Convention Next: Re: Dieppe

RE: How are the latest AOG B5 Miniatures?

From: "BEST, David" <dbest@s...>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 08:23:48 -0400
Subject: RE: How are the latest AOG B5 Miniatures?

Kelvin is correct in that the show's Hyperion lacks detail and the
miniature reflects this but it looks good.  I disagree with his
statement about the Omega and do not feel it is "terrible". It is
certainly a disappointment after something like the Vorchan but after
painting mine up I've upgraded my opinion of them to passable+.  The
detailing on the habitat section is rounded and not to the standards of
the Vorchan and it doesn't but well to the hull without extensive filing
as the front hull section to make it level.  If you don't the ship looks
bent.  As for the small plasma cannon...after I went to all the trouble
of putting it on my first ship (the Nemesis) I decided it wasn't worth
it and just left them off the other three and they look fine.  Anyway if
you can take the cost I do recommend the Omega although they are
disappointing.

David Best

>----------

Angering
>>Old Gods, take your pick) such as the Hyperion and the Omega? How are
>>these, any good?
>
>Well, I like the Vorchan.  It has good detail and looks a lot like the
>actual ship from the series.  More than I thought it would.
>
>The Hyperion is O.K., but it lacks detail.  But then I suppose there
isn't
>much detail on the ship sin the series and the extra can be painted on.
>
>The Omega looks terrible.  The casting on it is really quite poor from
what
>I saw in the blister (I wasn't going to spend money on it of the detail
is
>poor).  Its getting back toward the kind of poor casting they got of
Bad
>Dog Designs.  Which is a shame.  I like the Omega, but I won't be
wasting
>money on a poorly cast mini.
>
>What I am looking forward to are the G'Quan and the Primus.  Go
Crown-heads!