Prev: Re: B5 on C4 Next: RE: Ship Naming Convention

RE: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?)

From: "BEST, David" <dbest@s...>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 06:22:10 -0600
Subject: RE: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?)

Also (and this is just from memory so I may be wrong about this) I
believe I read years ago  the Dieppe fiasco was also contributed to by
our own Canadian government because Canadian troops were sitting in
Britain doing nothing and the government pressured the British High
Command (is this the right term?) to give them something to do and do it
soon.

Also for those who don't know it the Battle of New Orleans was fought
two months after the War of 1812 was over.  And to that person (I forget
who now) who wished Toronto had stayed burnt....well phhhhhhhttttttt!

David Best

Battle of