Prev: Re: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?) Next: Starship Racing (was: Ship Naming Convention)

Re: Ship Naming Convention

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 16:00:18 -0700
Subject: Re: Ship Naming Convention

BEST, David wrote:

> I'll just jump in once about this thread.  How about WWII Japanese
> ships.  I believe that many of them that weren't named after
> geographical areas had names that translated into "nature themes" like
> Cherry Blossom or Breeze from a mountain.
>
> David Best

May the list forgive you for what they are about to receive!

CV/CVL
Hosho: Flying Pheonix
Ryujo: Fighting Dragon
Soryu: Blue Dragon
Zuiho: Auspicious Pheonix
Shoho: Propitious Pheonix
Ryuho: Dragon Pheonix
Shokaku: Flying Crane
Zuikaku: Auspicious Crane
SUB TENDER
Taigei: Big Whale
Jingei: Swift Whale

These are all that I have.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?) Next: Starship Racing (was: Ship Naming Convention)