Prev: RE: PBeM FT/EFSB Vector movement (Excel) Next: Fwd: sci-fi ftl drives

Re: Ship Naming Convention

From: Shld Wulf <ShldWulf@a...>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 06:24:50 EDT
Subject: Re: Ship Naming Convention

In a message dated 4/6/98 6:22:38 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
agoodall@sympatico.ca writes:

<< On Mon, 06 Apr 1998 17:55:30 +0000, Rob Paul
<rpaul@worf.molbiol.ox.ac.uk>
 wrote:

 >Not sufficiently "hard as nails", apparently.  It sounded to me as
 >if the Navy should be teaching a bit more history to its recruits.
Then
 >again, I do think we have plenty of better names and historic ships to
 >honour before starting a "Duke" (not even Duchy) class.

 What was the ship's name?

 And you'd think that if ANYONE had a right to complain about their ship
names
 it would have been the crew of the Flower class destroyers during WWII.
mean
 Gladiolus (an actual name) sure strikes fear in MY heart, how about
you?

 Allan Goodall	      agoodall@sympatico.ca>>

Remembering a certain freind of mines most feared ship design, (The
system
escapes me it was about 16 years ago, though the name/ship keeps
appearing in
his fiction and he keeps threatining a re-design :) a Mercenary Cruiser
by the
name of:
(As translated from an alien language of the game)

"Little yellow Flower, repose on a field of Crimson"

As I recall, ship and commander took out a fair number of Heavy Cruisers
and
at least one Light Battleship as I recall. Guess who commanded the BB(L)
 :)

Randy

Prev: RE: PBeM FT/EFSB Vector movement (Excel) Next: Fwd: sci-fi ftl drives