Prev: Re: Perfect Campaign Rules Next: Re: Moondragon (was: favorite painting techniques?)

Re: Ship Naming Convention

From: Rob Paul <rpaul@w...>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 15:11:53 +0000
Subject: Re: Ship Naming Convention

	By the way, did anyone notice on the UK news last week, the crew
of
an RN frigate complaining about current RN ship naming policy?

	No-one else seems to have mentioned the Iain M Banks "Culture"
ship
names yet this time around, so I'll just point out that they're
especially good.

	My own Scottish space fleet uses whatever historical Scottish
ship
names I can dig up (Great Michael, Yellow Carvel, Klinkbellis, Unicorn,
Ly-by-the-fire amongst others) plus the odd fictional or otherwise
appropriate name (Vital Spark, Cutty Sark), plus assorted Scottish
heroes
(William Wallace, James IV, John Maclean, Alex Salmond [only slightly
;-)]).

	I rather like the idea of a 6-ship Marx Brothers class: Groucho,
Harpo, Chico, Zeppo, Gummo and Karl...).

Rob

"Rob Paul

Dept of Zoology
Oxford University
South Parks Road
Oxford
(01865) 271124
"Once again, villainy is rotting meat
before the maggots of justice!"
"

Prev: Re: Perfect Campaign Rules Next: Re: Moondragon (was: favorite painting techniques?)